February 4, 2011
Poker Flat go Forward to the Past
Poker Flat Recordings will release a somewhat nostalgic compilation next month called Forward to the Past.
The collection shows current artists indulging their love of old school club music––the kind of thing that would have come out circa '85-'92, i.e. acid, New York and Chicago house and early Detroit techno. An eclectic cast of artists step up the plate, from masked techno producer Redshape to Scottish disco act The Revenge. Aside from founder Steve Bug and label mainstay Martin Landsky, almost all of the artists featured make their Poker Flat debut with this release. All of the tracks are previously unreleased, and were mastered on tape for maximum old school effect.
Forward to the Past will come out digitally and as a double-vinyl pack. A single for Steve Bug's Jack is Back will hit shops on March 15th.
01. Steve Bug - Jack Is Back (Album Edit)
02. Martin Landsky - V2U (Album Edit)
03. KINK and Neville Watson - Night Time Raw
04. Sasse - Hot For You
05. The Revenge - Elements Of Fife (Main Mix)
06. Ribn - Pancake
07. Polus - Patterns In The Dark
08. Deetron - The Maze
09. Cle - Feel It (Don't Cha Know)
10. TJ Kong & Modular K - Jack Shit
11. Cab Drivers - Shoulder Pad
12. Redshape - Funny Green Hat (Altered Mix)
Poker Flat will release Forward to the Past on April 4th, 2011.